Thursday, August 22, 2013

Down to Business

Well, friends... Kimmers in the Kitchen is gettin' down to business.  For real.  As in LLC.  I am embarking on a new journey by finally doing what I love - cooking and baking for others.  I've started a personal chef business that grocery shops, prepares dinners, and delivers the meals to busy folks in the South Hills neighborhoods of Pittsburgh, PA.  It is exciting and scary beyond belief.  Mostly exciting.  And scary for sure.  But mostly exciting!

These last several months have been a whirlwind of establishing the business as a legal entity, building a web site, taking a course and exam to become a Certified Food Safety Manager, developing menus and pricing, working on a logo with a graphics designer, talking to professional chefs, and getting a line on a licensed commercial kitchen to rent.  A couple loose ends to tie up, but I am T-H-I-S close to launching!

Since I've never built a web site before, this was the most time-consuming part of the process for me by far. It took a lot of thinking to even decide on the content.  Then I went through a lot of trial-and-error and testing to get things to work the way I wanted. It only made sense to integrate the blog with the business, and moving all these posts also took some time. Truth is, the actual migration didn't take much time at all.  It was educating myself on how to do it and putting the blog posts in the new format that took a ton of hours.  I still have some work to do, like adding the easy printable recipe feature to all the recipes (bear with me as I work through the rest of them).  Now that I have the whole process down pat, new recipes and blog posts will appear on the new site going forward.

I am finally ready to show you the Kimmers in the Kitchen web site and a sneak peek of the logo. Please give 'em a look, sign up for email updates on the new blog page, like on Facebook, follow on Twitter, and let me know what you think.

Now hurry... click this link and save it in your Favorites.  :)
www.kimmersinthekitchen.com



1 comment:

  1. I oredered three dinners from Kimmers In The Kitchen, and I can highly recommend. The portions were generous, and the food was excellent. My 89 year-old mother-in-law usually makes her own chicken soup, but she loved Kim's soup. She kept asking me if she was married. I think she wanted to fix her up with her only son. The fast food chains got nothin' on Kim's good mood food.

    ReplyDelete